Jade 1.0 Technical Note
Troubleshooting Problems with the Jade Interface Unit
If you are having problems with the Jade Interface Unit, you should
follow the actions given below.
If the interface unit is not responding at all:
- If the Jade Interface Unit is not responding at all, make sure that you tried the advice given in Appendix B of the
Jade Getting Started manual. You can also find this advice in Jade Capture's troubleshooting Help topics.
- If the unit is still not responding, check that you have connected it to the meter correctly. For example, that the correct
cable is used, the meter is set up properly, and so on.
- Try another unit that is known to be working on other computers
with the user's computer and meter. This should help you determine
whether the user's interface unit is actually faulty or whether
there is a configuration problem.
If the unit is losing intermittent data:
- This may not be a problem with the interface unit, but with
the computer itself (for example, the serial port). Make sure that you have tried all the advice given in Appendix B of the Jade
Getting Started manual under "Losing Data". You can also find this advice in Jade Capture's troubleshooting Help topics.
- Perform a thorough check of the memory using the Memory Test
utility in Jade Capture. You should repeat this test several times
with different input voltages. For example, attach a meter and
calibrator to the unit while performing the test.
- Make sure that the system is not being
used in an environment with a lot of electrical/electronic noise
as this may be affecting the performance of either the computer,
sound level meter or Jade Interface Unit.
If all other remedies fail, contact your supplier or Ptolemy Services
Copyright © Ptolemy Services 1997
Most recent revision 8 September 1997